Early Education and Care is seeking to fill the position of cook to prepare appetizing, nutritious meals for young children following USDA Child Care Food Program guidelines. Maintain facility in clean, neat and orderly fashion.
Specific Job Duties:
- Prepare breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks according to menu.
- Request prior approval from Center Director before making menu changes or substitution.
- Meals will be served on the following schedule:
a. Breakfast 8:00 a.m.
b. Lunch 11:00 a.m.
c. Afternoon Snack 2:00 p.m.
- Record actual number of children served each meal daily in the menu planning book.
- Record daily menus in the meal planning book, along with the individual serving size and the collective quantities served.
- Maintain inventory of food supplies, paper products and housekeeping supplies.
- Requisition supplies needed to the Center Director on weekly basis.
- Keep all food program records up-to-date and accurate.
- Make prudent use of all food, supplies and equipment.
- Assist classrooms as needed for cooking experiences, special events, meetings, etc.
- Prepare food as requested for special events, meetings, etc.
- Wash, rinse, and sanitize all utensils, pots and pans, etc.
- Count, wash and return all spoons to classrooms daily.
- Check to assure adequate temperatures are maintained in the refrigerator, freezer and milk box.
- Store all supplies in neat and orderly fashion. Canned goods may not be stored directly on the floor.
- Perform routine cleaning schedule as follows:
a. Sweep floors, empty trash and wash spoons daily.
b. Clean out refrigerator, freezer and milk box weekly.
c. Clean oven at least once a month.
d. Clean shelves, can openers, wipe walls and baseboards weekly with bleach water solution.
e. Pick-up paper, trash in hallways and check bathrooms for trash, running water, etc. daily.
f. Put up all supplies daily.
g. Bleach counter-tops every two weeks.
h. Maintain kitchen in neat, clean and organized manner.
- Attend meetings, food service management courses, conferences, workshops, etc., as required.
- Report any problems verbally and in writing regarding the food service program to immediate supervisor.
- Actively participate in the planning of agency fund-raising events, such as Kidfest, Annual Banquet and other activities sponsored by EEC.
- Responsible for gathering resources that will support contractual match requirements for EECs funding sources.
- Abide by the policies and procedures set forth by the EECs Board of Directors.
Limits of Authority: Act under the supervision of the Center Director and assume any duties and responsibilities as delegated.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience in quantity cooking, meal planning, organizing and food service related to young children preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to follow directions, prepare appetizing meals, organize time and duties.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Ability to relate positively to adults and children.
Ability to organize, work and function independently with minimal, direct supervision.
Work Environment, Physical and Mental Abilities: Sound mental and physical health.
The work environment is representative of the needs that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The noise level is usually moderate to high.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, talk, read, write, hear and lift up to 40 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
Personal Attributes: Must meet all requirements as mandated by local licensing authority.
Must be neat, well-groomed and represent EEC as a professional at all times.
Must pass background check and drug test.
A pre-employment physical and tb tine screening is required.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply at Early Education and Care, Inc. 2928 East 11th Street, Panama City, FL. You may also apply on this website or our Facebook page. EOE M/F/V/D Drug Free
We will continue to accept applications until position is filled.