Description: Early Education and Care, Inc., a non-profit agency, is seeking Support Teachers. This position will be responsible for assisting the teacher in providing a daily classroom program that fulfills the philosophy, goals and objectives of Early Education & Care, Inc. programs. This is a full-time 10 month position.
Specific Job Duties:
- Applicant will work with classroom teacher to carry out daily lesson plans.
- Work with children in learning centers, circle time, individual play records, encourage language development and positive self-image.
- Responsible for classroom and children (ages 3 – 5 years) in teacher’s absence, supervise children in classroom, on the playground and on field trips, attend parent conferences and encourage parent involvement. Light travel required for occasional out of town training.
- Maintain confidentiality of children’s records in order to ensure protection of children and families’ privacy rights.
Education & Experience: AA/AS in early childhood education or closely related field or FCPCC or age-specific CDA preferred, high school diploma accepted-must agree to complete CDA training within two years of employment. Minimum of one (1) year experience working with young children required. Valid drivers license also required.
- Must complete 40 hour DCF mandated training courses and successfully pass the competency examinations within 90 days of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to deal positively with children, parents and co-workers. Ability to work with families and children of varying socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must pass pre-employment criminal background checks and urinalysis drug screen.
- A pre-employment physical is required along with TB-Tine screening.
- Must maintain current First Aid and CPR
Benefits: EEC offers a generous benefit package including PTO, holiday pay, medical, dental, vision insurance, company-funded retirement plan, employee funded (401(k), Teladoc, company-funded life insurance. Details provided on start date.
Apply: Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply at Early Education and Care, Inc. 2928 East 11th Street, Panama City, FL. You may also apply on this website or our Facebook page. EOE M/F/V/D Drug Free
We will continue to accept applications until position is filled.