Early Education and Care, Inc., a non-profit agency, is seeking an Organizational Development Specialist. This position will assist the Executive Director in all aspects of organizational development and public relations to assure quality service to Early Education and Care (EEC) and market the programs of EEC.
Job Specific Duties Include but not limited to:
- Serves as the executive administrative assistant to the Executive Director
- Plans and directs public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for the agency.
- Builds relationships with the media and writes press releases.
- Coordinates meetings, conferences, travel arrangements, schedules appointments and performs other duties related to maintaining the Executive Director’s calendar.
- Attends meetings as requested in order to take, prepare and distribute minutes to appropriate personnel.
- Plans and executes events and fundraising efforts.
- Helps to create a competency model and keep updated.
- Helps to diagnose potential organizational problem areas.
- Identifies business processes and reports on effective and ineffective processes.
- Helps create and implement programs at work that connect employee with business goals.
- Researches grant opportunities
- Plans and organizes promotional presentations.
- Receives and screens visitors and/or telephone calls and notifies the Executive Director as needed.
- Takes and relays accurate messages and answers routine inquiries. Prioritizes telephone calls.
- Performs a wide variety of word processing tasks to prepare correspondence, reports, charts and graphs, which may be confidential in nature.
- Develops learning activities and audio visual materials.
- Establishes, maintains and updates record-keeping and filing systems; classifies, sorts and files correspondence, articles, reports and other documents
- Assists in the development of sponsorship materials, press/media kits; maintains and updates the donor data base.
- Designs and develops agency publications (Annual Report, brochures, etc.).
- Runs errands as needed.
- Attends meetings, trainings and workshops as needed to keep abreast of all aspects of the administration of the EEC programs.
- Responds appropriately to emergency management issues.
- Maintains professional communication with internal and external customers.
- Coordinates employee relations activities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Actively participates in the planning of the agency’s events, such as Kidfest and other activities sponsored by EEC and as determined by the Executive Director.
- Provides updates for the website and Facebook page.
- Gathers resources that will support contractual match requirements for EEC’s funding sources.
- Provides administrative support to the EEC Board of Directors.
- Abides by the policies and procedures set forth by the EEC Board of Directors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Coordinates employee relations activities as assigned by the Executive Director.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/ Business or related field preferred; Associate degree in Marketing/ Business or related field accepted. Must have minimum of three years of substantial experience in the marketing, business, or public relation field.
Dependent on Education and Experience
Early Education and Care, Inc. provides an excellent benefits package!
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply at Early Education and Care, Inc. 450 Jenks Avenue, Panama City, FL 32401 or fax resume to: (850) 769-1066. EOE M/F/V/D Drug Free