Description: Early Education and Care, Inc., a non-profit agency, is seeking a full time Infant/Toddler Teacher. This position will observe and enhance the development of infants and toddlers within the Early Head Start care room, as well as model appropriate caregiving skills for parents and peers.
Specific Job Duties:
- Maintain records on each child’s daily activity: milestones, meals, diapering, etc., and provide that information to parents daily.
- Ensure the indoor and outdoor environments are safe and healthy for children. Notify supervisor of potential hazards so that appropriate corrective actions can be taken.
- Supervise children at all times in the classroom and on the playground.
- Respond appropriately to crisis or emergency situations that may occur.
- Conduct the required parent/teacher conferences and home visits for the purpose of assessment and support and to share information on classroom progress and educational strategies at school and at home.
- Assist with bus monitoring and other program needs as requested.
- Must maintain current first aid and CPR.
Education & Experience: AA/AS in early childhood education or closely related field; Age-specific CDA or FCPCC will be accepted with a willingness to further education. Extensive experience in caring for and the planning programs for infants and toddlers is also required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must complete 40 hour DCF mandated training courses and successfully pass the competency examinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must pass criminal background screenings and urinalysis drug screen.
- A pre-employment physical is required. Also must complete a TB screening form.
Benefits: Early Education and Care, Inc., offers a generous benefit program including Paid Time Off, holiday pay, health, dental, vision, life insurance, company-funded retirement plus a 401(k) plan. Details provided on start date.
Apply: Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply at Early Education and Care, Inc. 2928 East 11th Street, Panama City, FL. You may also apply on this website or our Facebook page. EOE M/F/V/D Drug Free
We will continue to accept applications until position is filled.