Description: The Accounting Manager assists the Finance Department in maintaining accurate accounting systems for the agency including but not limited to: General Ledger transactions, Budgeting, Financial Analysis and Reporting, Audit Preparation, and Retirement Plan administration.
Specific Job Duties:
- Assist in preparing budgets, including those for the annual grant applications, programs, and the agency as a whole with the assistance of Senior Leadership Team and others as deemed appropriate, including salaries, taking into consideration multiple funding sources, local market data, and related issues.
- Maintain and monitor the United Way partnership and processes.
- Facilitate in preparation and submission of waiver applications, including non-federal share, as appropriate.
- Evaluate the agency’s financial needs on an ongoing basis and make recommendations to the Executive Director as appropriate.
- Assist Finance Director in maintenance and monitoring annual budgets related to multiple funding sources, with established timelines and deadlines.
- Enter detailed budgets into the Agency adopted accounting software by segment to prepare monthly, detailed financial reports by program, region and region and department.
- Update monthly accounts receivable ledger and work with AR/AP accountant to reconcile all receivable accounts with detailed notes explaining variances
- Responsible for Project Management of relocation, renovation and/or construction projects, ensuring compliance with federal reporting and requesting approvals when appropriate for Federal Interest projects.
- Partner with outside vender to maintain administration of company’s retirement plan, contributions, and loans.
- Use peer-to-peer cross-training to strengthen the accounting department and provide more flexibility, and aiding professional development while also helping our program meet its overall goals.
Education & Experience: BA/BS degree in accounting or related field. Three (3) years of successful experience in administration and accounting in human services or related programs, preferably as they relate to non-profit agency administration. Three (3) years of successful experience in the supervision of professional and support staff.
Benefits: EEC has a generous benefit package including PTO, holiday pay, medical, dental, vision insurance, Teladoc, company-funded retirement plan, employee-funded 401(k), company-funded life insurance.
Apply: Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply at Early Education and Care, Inc. 2928 East 11th Street, Panama City, FL. You may also apply on this website or our Facebook page.
EOE M/F/V/D Drug Free
We will continue to accept applications until position is filled.